This is us just starting out, we probably had gone about two or three miles at this point of our journey.
We started around 4:30 am with no make up and very tired eyes.
This was our first bridge we got to cross.
we made it to our first water stop and I was feeling pretty good!
We took a little trail to see this amazingly beautiful water fall, Dad was right it was worth the extra mile to see it:)
There were very different plants in the grand canyon, I have no idea what this is but mom and I thought it was cool enough for a picture.
Kelsey was one of the girls that hiked with us and she was determined to get wet in the waterfall to keep her cool for the journey through the grand canyon.
We climbed to the top of the water fall and got a little wet too.
We hung around the hansen family for the first part of the hike.
We found a frog hiding in the rocks.
Do you spy a big fat hungry squirrel ? I do and he ate two of our peanut butter sandwiches,
good thing we had six with us!
after lunch at the bottom of the grand canyon Jordan and I decided to get a head start and we took the wrong trail. I am kind of glad we did even though we ended up hiking 28 miles instead of the 26 because we got to see this AMAZING bridge and cave.
after Kerry and Suann came and rescued us from taking the wrong trail we decided to stick with the group.
This is us with only four and half miles left!!
We MADE IT AND I DID NOT DIE!!
This is one of the most amazing accomplishments I have ever done! I have never considered myself a hiker but hey maybe I really am!

No comments:
Post a Comment